Thursday, July 8, 2010

Porch lights.

I bought some lights at target yesterday for $10 a piece so today I went to work hanging on the porch. Woo hoo!

This is what they the porch looked like to start with.. yes it's very messy. Get over it.
Note the dogs watching my every move.

Dude, these things were seriously set up in this cardboard holder. It was crazy. You had to individually rip the cardboard between every bulb.. tedious..

But once I got it out I laid them down across the porch to make sure they'd be long enough.


The first string went like 3/4 of the way around the perimeter of the porch so I knew they'd reach. Later I realized I should have had more of a game plan before I started. More extra than I had anticipated.

But anywhoser, I got out this step thing that Dan's dad got him for christmas. And it was a lifesaver! Because it was long I didn't have to move the step with every staple.. that would have been sssssuper annoying. I was already getting annoyed by many other things doing this so that may have pushed me over the edge.
Here's the little step thing:
This is what they looked like up:


I just used a staple gun to staple in between all the lights. I debated about doing every other or something like that but I was afraid of them falling down onto someones face while we're having cocktails on the porch.

But like I said, I should have had more of a plan because when I got to the end of the perimeter of the porch there was a bunch left over. I thought about going over the door but I had already started stapling down the side. So instead, I just gook it across the chair rail thing for extra light next to the grill:



After I got that done, I went and got a little extension cord to plug these beauties in.

And then.. there was light.
Haha yeah, not very impressive. And there's two lights above the door that didn't light up. SAD. I am going to post a picture later of the lights at night.. I'm excited!

AAAAnd here we go:

YAY! I lurve them. GORG!

No comments:

Post a Comment