Thursday, July 8, 2010

Porch tables.


I got these super cute tables off craigslist for $5! How I got them is a long sad story though. More on that later. Look at how cute they turned out!



Origionally the price was $10 when I said I was interested but then I spent a lot of money at target (where I got the lights I put up earlier) so I just felt like since I wasn't super in love with them I'd pass. But when I explained that to the lady selling them, she lowered it to $5 for both. Steal! However.. they were pretty darn ugly when I got them. They were an ugly light wood but they kind of looked like the tops were made out of cork board or something. But I figured, meh for $5 I could use the same paint we used for the office, the planter, and the table I made the other day and if I hated them.. I could just give them to goodwill or something. All the stains and such got covered and any dents aren't very noticeable now with two coats of paint. Woo hoo! I'm going to mark this down as a win.

Mk, so the long sad story about the tables? Well you know how today was the hottest day of the year? Like 100 degrees or some shit? Well yes. This lady lived 28 minutes away from our house.. and I spent an hour driving around trying to find it. I got lost 3 times. The first time, I came home and got new directions that had me take the interstate as apposed to going through town. I was supposed to meet the lady at 2. And this was at 10 'til 2. So while I was running around getting the new directions printed I emailed the lady and told her I'd be there at 2:20 and please excuse my retarded ass. So I get back in the car, make it to the interstate.. get off and then I get lost.. really lost.. again. When all else fails.. call Dan. So I did. I told him round about where I was and he busted out googlemaps (I'm assuming) and got my ass where I needed to be. Apparently I was supposed to turn left on one street and the street had two different names.. to the right at the intersection it was called Kinley, to the left of the intersection it was called Kennerly. I was supposed to turn onto Kennerly.. I saw Kinley.. Now I ask you, who the fuck names a street two different names like that? Ugh. Retarded. But yes, an hour later, I found the ladies house. Then made it home with only having to turn around once! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. I hate getting lost -- and I'm really good at it too! Thank goodness for husbands! And the tables look great!

    ReplyDelete