Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bed side table.

As soon as we got the funiture set up in the guest room I was immediately bugged by the fact that there was only one bedside table.. see:



and as someone in a relationship where both of us read in bed, I know that we both need tables to put our crap. I feel bad making a couple battle out which side gets the table and it just looks uneven. So I decided to make a little table to place small things on that you need right before bed. For me it's birth control, chapstick, and a book but hey. Whatever's clever.

Here's my little beauty while I was starting the second coat of paint. The paint was left over from the office.

And here she is all set up:
In between coats drying I was bored but still feeling creative so I decided to take an old blank canvas and make something to hang in the room.

Here was my inspiration:


My painting set up.. and some leftover lunch:



Here's that little guy that I painted:



Yes I realize it's boring and unfinished, I just got sick of painting for the day. But once I was "finished" I decided I liked it better above our little open shelf thing in the living room.

So here's what the view from the couch is now:



Aaaaand that's what I did today. I'm a painted sweaty mess. Yo.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm WOW! I wish I could go around my apartment just whipping up artwork and being generally awesome. I have no artistic talent whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete