Monday, June 21, 2010

HEADBOARD!

Well, I started and finished the headboard! It was a bit more work than I had anticipated and I didn't realize that batting was $14 and that didn't even cover the whole thing but it's all good. I realized when I got home that (this is going to sound icky) we have leftover carpet padding (you know, the stuff that goes under wall to wall carpeting) from when we ripped up the carpet in the house to replace it with laminate.

Here's the carpet padding under the plywood after I cut it:


The foam only covered the top 3/4 of the strip of plywood so I deded to use it anyway and just put the less padded part behind the bed so it goes a little further down behind the bed than it otherwise would of.

Here's the regular old curtain that we had left over when we took the curtains down from the 3 windows we have in our bedroom. We used two of them for the guest bedroom and now I used this one for the headboard! It works out so great too because it matches! Woo hoo!

Here she is right after I staple gunned the foam and the carpet padding on it:And now.. drum roll please... headboard!


Right now I have it just sitting on the end of the bed frame behind the mattress because I need my man to help me hang it. My idea of having the less fluffy part be behind the mattress worked out pretty great I must say. Hopefully it'll keep things from falling behind the mattress ect. But anyway... isn't it so cute?! LOOOVE it. I tested it out and it is super soft and plush. Love.

Words to the wise: Wear some sort of protective eye wear when cutting things with an automatic saw.. there was a lot of dust all up in my eye balls the first cut I made to the plywood. And also, make sure your staples in the staple gun are long enough.. mine just barely worked. Some popped right out.

And next.. sanding and painting the furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment