Sunday, June 20, 2010

Guest bedroom update.

If you remember what the guest bedroom looked like last time..


There is obviously a lot to be desired.. like a bed. But hey, beggars can't be choosers, I get that. But now.. here's the new guest bedroom:

I think those lamps are so badass. They look like little antennas for the bed. I know antenna isn't really the look most people are going for.. but fuck those people. Those lamps are cool.
Complete with a bed! WOO HOO! Gotta love family giving away free things! Tomorrow I am building a headboard via plywood, extra curtain (matching the two hanging in the pictures), some batting, and a staple gun! Then when I'm done with that (shouldn't take too long) I'm going to sand and paint the furniture that my grandfather gave me. You can see the bedside table and chest of drawers in the pictures. I think white would be pretty with the wicker inlay.

EEEK! I'm pretty friggin excited. I made Dan lay down with me on the mattress when I got everything set up and admire the lovely room we now have for guests! I heart it sooo much! I would totally stay there. Which is why I'm excited I guess. I feel bad having guests stay in sub-par arrangements. We even have spare pillows and linens in the chest of drawers for the guest, should they be in need. Awesome! And all FREE FREE FREE. I'm a cheap-o I know. What up. I'm hoping to paint the whole room the same dark chocolate color that's in the guest bath to have a more unified look.. but I think I'm pushing Dan a wee too far as it is so I shall just hold my horses. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment