Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The happenings at the hizzy.

Whew! I'm exhausted. The past two days I've cleaned out and organized the pantry, mopped the laminate floors, dusted the laminate floors, cleaned and organized two closets, cleaned two toilets, vacuumed the living room, cleaned the patio, switching the bookcase and my desk to opposite rooms to convert the guest my office into the guest room, moved the dog crates into the office, cleaned the baseboards in the new guest bedroom, washed the blinds in the kitchen, living room, guest bedroom and office. WHEEEEEEEW. In the next few days I plan on cleaning out the fridge, cleaning the bedroom, washing the dogs, putting curtains in the new guest bedroom, moping the kitchen and throwing out random crap and donating to goodwill.

Didn't take any before pictures but I'd probably be too embarassed to show them. Here are the afters though!





I forgot to mention that I've been changing out these regular switches to paddle switches! I just feel like they're nicer and way easier to clean so I'm super excited to have the whole house switched over!


Dan's side of the office and that DAMN taz he flat out refuses to put anywhere reasonable. Ugh.


My side of the office.. candles and art.




Clean pantry!


When you walk in the door to the new guest bedroom!
If you're wondering about the random table.. I wanted there to be some kind of table for guests to use just to set their things on and for the ladies to do their make up ect. And since that was the only table that even sort of works.. there it is!


The official bed area!
Now I'm just DYING to have a real bed for it since we have a whole room dedicated to guests who want to have a good nights rest. But oh well, some people don't even have houses much less worried about their guest bedroom. All things in perspective people!


Yeah I know not super organized but clean and there is some semblance of order.. can't say the same for the way it used to be.

Look at those spotless blinds!


I swear I don't know how people with kids manage to do all this crap all the time and then take care of a friggin screaming monkey. I'd be dead. My back is already aching but I can't help myself I just feel the need to clean and organize. Never have I felt this way before for this long. Maybe it's because after a hiatus from school I'm going back on the 24th so I feel like I'm running out of time to get things done? I don't know, maybe I'm just finally pulling my weight in this house.. pft who am I kidding I've always done the majority of housework.

Going to meet with Amy and Caralee tomorrow for dinner! I'm excited to get dressed up and get out, it's ladies night at the Pizza Joint!!! $2 vodkas here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment