Friday, July 2, 2010

Joyce.

So I am equally exhuasted today as I was yesterday and wendsday. My back is starting to hurt from moving Joyce (lady with MS I'm helping) around. But it's worth it because I heart her very much. She didn't tinkle on my foot today which is good. Today she had to go get her hair done but we were late getting there because she is having people over for dinner (spaghetti) so we (I) had to pick up the house a little bit. She is so funny about how particular she is. She wants the pen on the left side of the stack of papers.. not the right.. It's funny because I feel like that's how I would be too. It must be so horrible to feel so trapped inside your own body. Especially when you're so young at heart like she is. And I mean really, 65 isn't that old. When we finally made it to the hair place (about 20 minutes late) the girl that does her hair was so cute about us being a smidge late. And the person who let us go instead of her helped us inside the door because there was a huge bump from the side walk to the doorway. I'm beginning to really notice how un-wheelchair friendly the world is. I was able to sit and text my mom, read a magazine, and take an ibeprophin for my back while she was getting her hair did. Once that was done, we had to get back into the van, another huge task. We worked together how we have learned to do over the past 3 days which basically means I set her hands where she can hold on (the door and the oh shit handle) and then I put one leg up at a time. But every time I went to go put her left leg up she felt like she was twisting her shoulder. About 3 tries of this (and a ton of sweat) later, someone from the salon came out and picked her up and put her in the car. I wanted to do this the whole time but I just couldn't do it. So then I felt bad. After that it was 12:30 ( I was supposed to get off at 1) but we still had to go by the bank to get money for the hair lady and my money for the week. So we pulled behind one of the drive through lines.. and it was taking forever. So I reversed and got into another line.. still taking forever. So I get back where I was.. lady send back what she had been waiting on. I hit my head on the steering wheel repeatidly, and move to another line. Then wait.. and wait.. and wait.. aha! Our turn! So we pull up. I send the check through the little tube thing. And now she wants Joyce's ID. Joyce starting saying, "Oh for gods sake why do they need that?! I've done everything but give birth in this damn line!" And so the lady on the other end says nevermind, haha. So we get the money, go back and pay the hair lady then head home. I have to give her lunch and then set her up on the couch before I go. So we get home, and she has mail! So I grab that, and sit her down for lunch. We chit chat as usual, it's not 1:40. She wants to smoke a cigarette before she lays down. I'm exhausted. But I lurve her so go outside and I am really quite enjoying the weather and the comfy outdoor chairs. After she's done we go inside, she has to tinkle. Mk fine. So another 10 minutes later we are finally back in the living room and I pick her up and put her on the couch. Get the tv set up, hand her all the remotes, give her the phone, her chapstick, and cover her up with a blanket and then alas I am free to eat lunch with my momma!

But she'd already eaten. So she just takes me to eat at Jimmy Johns. I am obsessed with their veggie un-which lately. YUM. Then we go to target because I had money that was burning a hole in my pocket! I was (still am) in a great mood. I got $30 worth of things! That's a looooot of money. But good stuff. A sleep set, socks, a shirt, and leggings. Then we head home to put or shit up and go get a BEEERRRRRR! YUMMM! Omg that beer was so effing good. ksbgkdsgbkbg. I had been wanting it alllllllll day. I kept telling Joyce how happy I was to go out tonight and she told me to drink a beer for her, haha I love her.

That was my day, I'm exhausted and headed for bed now. xoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment