Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Spork in the road.

Registered for classes at Midlands Tech today. I feel like such an epic FAIL. I'm waiting in line with little girls in pig tails and sucking on their lolly pops texting their bffs! Like omg! I can't believe I've managed to end up in this situation again. Graduating from high school a year early and going to tech to transfer to USC? Not something to be ashamed of. Managing to fail calculus three times and getting told FUCK YOU by your university, definitely something to be ashamed of.

I am not sure of anything that I might possibly want to study for the next year or two.. much less the rest of my life. So far the options are, clinical dietican, occupational therapist, environmental science (anywhere except USC), some sort of health science degree. The break down goes like this:

Health science: At Chicago State University they have a BS in Health Science offered. Looks like I'd have another two years or so after this semester.. which seems awful. I've been in college three years already. you've gotta be kidding me.. there's also the Arnold School of Public Health at USC that offers a BS in Public Health. This looks way worse. I'd have to take about 20 more hours of chemistry (which was awful for me, even though I love it) PLUS all of these guys:

B. Required Public Health-Related Major Courses (36 Hours)


C. Program Selectives (21 Hours)


Courses selected with approval of the undergraduate advisor. Pick courses from the 2 groups:

Group A (12 Hours):


BIOL (200 level or above), CHEM (400 level or above), GEOL (300 level of above), PHYS (200 level or above)

Group B (9 Hours, all at 500 or 600 level):


ANTH, COMD, EXSC, GEOG


Anyway someone would please shoot me in the face now?

In order to be a clinical dietitian I don't know what the fuck I have to do. I've googled it and looked at a bunch of different universities sights that either don't offer anything close or don't explain what I'd have to do. It looks like I'd have to come up with some kind of random degree just to get my ass out then take some kind of certification kind of like a nurse does. Idk how I feel about that. I want to get the fuck out now. I hate school and i want to be DONE DONE DONE. And that seems like the kind of thing I'd have to get a msters for to really progress ect.

Next option: Occupational therapy. I am not going to grad school. First of all, I'd never get in anywhere. My GPA is approximately a .000000001 right now. I can't get in anywhere without about hmm idk 10 more years or school to pull my shit up. THEN grad school? No thanks. But, some colleges/universities offer bachelors degree in OT. That I could handle. For example, here is the course break down for chicago state universities program in occupational therapy. So looks like about hm 3 more years? My senior and then the two graduate years. Maybe more depending on what transfers. Remember, I live in SC. So moving to chicago is not a small task. I am getting married and I'd have to convince my very stationary future husband to move.

That still leaves Environmental Science. I'm fairly certain everywhere that offers that needs you to at least pass calculus 1. Which shant happen for me. I've resigned myself to this face. However, if I do find a university that offers a major in environmental science or perhaps environmental studies I think I'd have anywhere from like 40-80 hours left. Again. Seems like an insurmountable feat.

I am lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment